After your session you will have shifted and changed on the most subtle (and profound) level. You may notice that you feel different afterwards; you may feel lighter, more grounded and have more clarity.
Sometimes there can also be a period when your physical body, mind and emotions have to “catch up” to these subtle energetic shifts that have occurred. This could manifest as feeling tired, extra hungry or emotional, or even feeling a little bit dissociated. If you experience any of these symptoms, it’s best to honor What’s Happening; If you’re feeling tired, try to get some rest. If you’re feeling hungry, eat a good meal, etc. Trust that it’s par for the course and that you will be feeling better than ever very soon.
If you don’t feel much different after your session, that’s totally fine. Sometimes the changes that have occurred are happening completely outside of our conscious awareness, and its important to trust that experience too.
No matter how you are feeling after your session, there will be a lot of integration work going on for you. Integration is the process of taking the new information you have learned and the changes you have made and solidifying them into your being, so that they become a part of you. Integration happens mentally, physically, emotionally and spiritually.
There is nothing that you need to do to “make” integration happen; the intelligence of Nature just does it automatically, just like a plant will naturally grow towards the light.
Integration happens over a course of days, weeks, months and even years after your session.
Although integration is a natural and spontaneous process, there are some things that you can do in the days right after your session to support the initial integration period:
- Schedule some free time right after your session if possible.
- Take an epsom salt bath soon after your session.
- Do some body work on the days and weeks that follow your session; examples include massage, yoga, tai chi, etc. Yoga therapy sessions with me are also a great option.
- Journal, enlist the support of friend or even see a talk therapist as needed to help with the processing of any emotions that may be surfacing as a part of your healing.
- Flower essences and herbal remedies are a fantastic way to integrate and receive the support of Mother Nature. If you had a plant spirit healing then you may want to continue to work with the plant on your own (this is very easy and fun to do!) Let me know if you are interested in working with the plants as a part of your integration.
- Sound Baths are a great way to help with integration. You can add one to your scheduled session (it takes an extra 30 minutes) or get one a fews days or weeks after your session.
- Walking has been shown to help with integration. Take a stroll around the block! 20 or 30 minutes is sufficient.
- Make space in your life to relax and be quiet in the days and weeks following your session. This can be as simple as carving out 20 minutes in your day to take a walk in a tranquil setting, or as complex as taking a week off and getting out of town, or anything in between.
Most importantly, relax and trust the healing process that is unfolding for you. It will take you to places that are beyond what you can even imagine!
When to come back and see me:
It’s up to you. There is no right or wrong to work with me; only your way. I have clients who see me as often as every week and clients who see me only once a year. It all depends on what you need. If you are working hard on healing or shifting something within your own self or within your life, then seeing me regularly will help move things along considerably. If things are good and you just need a check in or “maintenance”, then seeing me once every 3 – 6 months is generally sufficient.