After your session you will have shifted and changed on the most subtle level. You may notice that you feel different afterwards.You may feel lighter, more grounded and have more clarity. You may feel more present in your body.
Sometimes there can also be a period when your mind and emotions have to “catch up” to these subtle energetic shifts that have occurred. This could manifest as feeling tired, extra hungry or emotional, or even feeling a little bit dissociated. If you experience any of these symptoms, it’s best to honor What’s Happening; If you’re feeling tired, try to get some rest. If you’re feeling hungry, eat a good meal, etc. Trust that it’s par for the course and that you will be feeling better than ever very soon.
If you don’t feel much different after your session, that’s totally fine. Sometimes the changes that have occurred are happening completely outside of our conscious awareness, and its important to trust that experience too.
No matter how you are feeling after your session, there will be a lot of integration work going on for you. Integration is the process of taking the new information you have learned and the changes you have made and solidifying them into your being, so that they become a part of you. Integration happens mentally, physically, emotionally and spiritually.
There is nothing that you need to do to “make” integration happen; the intelligence of Nature just does it automatically, just like a plant that naturally grows towards the light.
Although integration is a natural and spontaneous process, there are some things that you can do in the days right after your session to support the initial integration period.
- Schedule some free time right after your session if possible.
- Take an epsom salt bath soon after your session.
- Journal, enlist the support of friend or even see a talk therapist as needed to help with the processing of any emotions that may be surfacing as a part of your healing.
- Flower essences and herbal remedies are a fantastic way to integrate and receive the support of Mother Nature. Let me know if you are interested in working with the plants as a part of your integration.
- Make space in your life to relax and be quiet in the days and weeks following your session. This can be as simple as carving out 20 minutes in your day to take a walk in a tranquil setting, or as complex as taking a week off and getting out of town, or anything in between.
Most importantly, relax and trust the healing process that is unfolding for you. It will take you to places that are beyond what you can even imagine!
When to come back and see me:
Yoga therapy works best when it’s done with some regularity. This might look like a session once a week or once every other week for awhile. The regularity of our sessions will allow us to deepen our work together, and allow you to release unhealthy energy and solidify new, positive patterns in your body, mind and spirit.
Once you are where you want to be, you can taper off to “maintenance” sessions every so often, and then at some point you’ll be doing so well that you can stop seeing me all together.